JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An Unbrewing of...What?

I've written before that I am enamoured with the blog Word Journal; it's posts like these that make my love grow stronger:

Ten Unexpected Collective Nouns


rout • a rout of wolves
clowder • a clowder of cats
descension • a descension of woodpeckers
disworship • a disworship of Scots
mute • a mute of hounds
raft • a raft of ducks
unbrewing • an unbrewing of carvers
neverthriving • a neverthriving of jugglers
drunkenship • a drunkenship of cobblers
shrewdness • a shrewdness of apes

Poor jugglers! And I never knew that cobblers had such a reputation. I think I might have to do a little more research on some of these (unbrewing?) and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...