JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Friday, March 19, 2010

Tomorrow's Green Day!

I know that I wrote about this last year, but as a Jacksonian, I have only one thing on my mind come the middle of March. It's magic time again! Once again I can revel in the joy and awe that create the Mal's Annual St. Paddy's Parade.
The parade will follow the same "new" route as last year: StateSt. to Capitol St. to Lamar St. to Court St. The parade's grand marshall is none other than Kermit the Frog, who compliment's this year's theme, "It's Ain't Easy Bein' Green". The actual parade kicks off at 1 PM, but if you want to see any of it, you might want to get there sooner.


One of my coworkers claims to have never heard of the Sweet Potato Queens or their connections to Jackson, Mississippi, Southern Literature or the Mal's Annual St. Paddy's Parade. This being the 28th such event, I am issuing not a Party Foul, per say, but a Paddy Foul. As penance, I think he ought to read every one of Ms. Conner-Browne's estimable books. Don't you?

Sherry Lucas. (2010, January 27). St. Paddy's Parade revels in 'Bein' Green'. The Clarion Ledger. Retrieved March 19, 2010, from The Clarion-Ledger. (Document ID: 1949184521).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...