JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Are You Lonesome Tonight?

This blog post originally appeared 11/13/07.

Here in Mississippi, we hold a special place in our hearts for "The King," Elvis Presley. Born in a shotgun house in Tupelo, MS, we've held on to his legacy with enthusiasm.


Are you an Elvis fan? Have you ever written Elvis (or any celebrity) a love letter? Well, we have a book filled with love letters to Elvis written by folks here in the U.S. as well as some from abroad. Here's one example we found particularly amusing and uplifting from Bill Adler's Love Letters to Elvis:

Dearest Elvis,
Why do you not make more movies?
You do not make enough movies.
The last Elvis Presley movie I have seen was two years since and I have not seen a movie since two years.
It is not worth going to the movies if I cannot see my Elvis.
If you stopped making records, I do not know what I will do because if I have not Elvis Presley records to listen to, I will put my stereo in the attic.
You see, dear Elvis, without you in the movies or in records, life is not be worth living.
I need Elvis to live like I need the sun, the moon, the stars, the air, and the sky.
You are my world.
All my love,
Irina M.
The Netherlands
 
Adler, Bill. Bill Adler's Love Letters to Elvis. Grosset & Dunlap: New York, 1978.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...