JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Scanning Mississippi History.

We come across some pretty interesting things here at the Library Commission -- in fact, I think that's putting it mildly. As I was scanning something yesterday, I saw some of the more curious things saved in my scans folder, and thought you might want to enjoy them as well.

A postcard from the State Insane Hospital (as it was known then):



An ad for the Aloha Restaurant and Waikiki Lounge in Jackson:



Really hate your dinner guests? Consider these utensil pistols:



I saved the best for last. This is by far my favorite Mississippi governor's portrait: Governor Cliff Finch in a hot tub. Note the reflection in the mirror:



Looking for something weird or wacky? Let us know!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...